Kiev, Ukraine – Do You remember the Tony Stark computer in the “Iron Man” movie, with which he could speak as with human, and it catch the meaning at once. The guys from StartApp tried to make an app that would be a little similar to that program. StartApp today is pleased to introduce VoiceFeeder 1.0, their new RSS feed application for iOS devices. VoiceFeeder was developed specifically for reading news feeds with voice control functionality. Listen to your RSS feeds without any touch – just using your voice:
* Reading RSS-feeds, group them into categories, read the whole category or all feeds immediately
* Browsing the news summary in handy form, or showing the news page in browser by touching the link
* Reading article to you by one simple touch
Switching the Voice Control that give you ability to control the behavior of application using your own voice, and receive feedback from it. With this feature, you can:
* Select a feed or category you want to read. There is also an ability to read all feeds
* Start reading the feed. Manage reading titles of the news
* Open particular article, and listen to its’ summary
* Mark items as favorites (“Start It!” command)
* You can browse the application, and if you have difficulties, you may listen to the Help
* Importing feeds from your Google Reader account
Surprisingly, the program showed perfect ability to recognize your speech, though you must say the commands from the app vocabulary. Maybe it’s not “know-how”, but VoiceFeeder does its’ tasks well, confirmed. The voice in the application has the sufficient quality for understanding. In the settings you can adjust speech sound parameters as you like. Teaser length adjusting feature is cool – you can understand the meaning of story without opening it on separate page. It’s quite comfortable. In summary, I would say that the functional part of application is excellent executed, and its task it performs.
Potential areas of using this app:
* In a car – you can listen to news while driving
* In kitchen – cook and listen what’s up in the world
* Workshop – stay in touch while doing routine
* Anywhere you can’t be concentrated on the screen of device
* To be informed of events is very important in our IT world
* iPhone, iPod touch 2G, 3G and 4G iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 7.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
VoiceFeeder 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Headquartered in Kiev, the Ukraine, StartApp is a team of young and spirited mobile developers who want to make something that will change the world. Copyright (C) 2011 StartApp. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.